PFS Indiana--Game Mastery 101 Course!

Local Play

Silver Crusade 5/5

Pathfinder Society of Indiana is pleased to announce its very first Game Mastery 101 course for all aspiring GMs! For those of you who would love to GM but feel you do not have the skills or experience, this course is for you! If you are already GMing, but you’d like to work on your skills, this class is also for you! Based on a similar course led by Georgia PFS, GM 101 will cover topics like: What Makes a Good GM, Roleplaying and Golarion Lore, The Pathfinder Rules System and PFS changes, and how to run a game. All participants will have the opportunity to practice GMing a short scene and receive feedback from an experienced GM.

This event will take place at The Arsenal Game Room on February 12, 2012 from 12pm-5pm. Your hosts will be Tracy Windeknecht, Chris Bonnet, Greg Hurst and Randy Oest.

For more information and to RSVP, email Tracy at TracyPFSIndy at a gmail dot com email address.

Grand Lodge 1/5

That sounds awesome! Are you going to video tape it by any chance?

2/5

sozin wrote:
That sounds awesome! Are you going to video tape it by any chance?

+1 aaaand, if you aren't going to video tape it, would you have any of the presentations in a format that could be emailed (i.e. PowerPoint)? This same goes for the Georgia PFS group that did a similar presentation.

5/5

The idea of video recording this SCARES me. Thanks for this feedback...

I will bring this discussion up, as well as the idea of a live Skype conference.

Silver Crusade 5/5

We've talked about video taping in our planning meetings, so it's definitely a possibility! Georgia did videotape their sessions, but I'm not sure how to access those tapes. I can check with them. I'll also make materials available to those interested. You can contact me at the email above. Thanks!

4/5

As someone attended the GM 101 in Georgia, I would highly recommend this! Despite playing and running RPGs for over 25 years I learned a lot about PFS, Pathfinder, and even some new GM tricks. I was a great experience!!

Silver Crusade 5/5

Tracy Windeknecht wrote:

Pathfinder Society of Indiana is pleased to announce its very first Game Mastery 101 course for all aspiring GMs! For those of you who would love to GM but feel you do not have the skills or experience, this course is for you! If you are already GMing, but you’d like to work on your skills, this class is also for you! Based on a similar course led by Georgia PFS, GM 101 will cover topics like: What Makes a Good GM, Roleplaying and Golarion Lore, The Pathfinder Rules System and PFS changes, and how to run a game. All participants will have the opportunity to practice GMing a short scene and receive feedback from an experienced GM.

This event will take place at The Arsenal Game Room on February 12, 2012 from 12pm-5pm. Your hosts will be Tracy Windeknecht, Chris Bonnet, Greg Hurst and Randy Oest.

For more information and to RSVP, email Tracy at TracyPFSIndy at a gmail dot com email address.

Where is this exactly?

Silver Crusade 5/5

Dan Luckett wrote:
Tracy Windeknecht wrote:

Where is this exactly?

The Arsenal Game Room in downtown Indy. Email me if you'd like to RSVP!

Thanks,

Tracy

2/5

Any updates on if there will be materials available for those of us who cannot attend in person?

Silver Crusade 5/5

Whiskey Jack wrote:
Any updates on if there will be materials available for those of us who cannot attend in person?

Absolutely! We will post all of our handouts and the power point on our website at pfsindy.org.

The GM 101 write up from Georgia PFS is a public document. I will send you the link via the new nifty private messaging on this site. Georgia PFS was unable to edit and share the video from their workshop. We will not be recording anything because there is small group work, and we would not be able to capture everything.

Community / Forums / Organized Play / Events / Local Play / PFS Indiana--Game Mastery 101 Course! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Local Play